Class A GMC RV - Model Year 1973
1973 GMC Motorhome
1973 marked the first year of the classic GMC motorhome. It was a landmark event as it marked the first time a major auto maker ventured into making dedicated recreational vehicles. GM put a lot of marketing behind this release for the time including detailed, high quality brochures, which were very popular in the 70s and 80s before other forms of digital media came into prominence.
Displayed below are the three parts of that original brochure. Thanks to GMCMotorhome.com for the images...
Brochure Inside Left
Brochure Inside Right
1973 GMC Motorhome Specifications
- Track - Front: 75.28 in | Rear: 85.12 in
- Wheelbase - Model 230: 140 in | Model 260: 160 in
- Length - Model 230: 285 - 296 inches | Model 260: 321 - 332 inches
- Width - 96 in
- Height - 97 in (110 w/ Air Conditioner)
- Front Overhang - 42 in
- Rear Overhang - Model 230: 69 in | Model 260: 89 in
- Interior Ceiling Height - 76 in
- Fuel System - Two 25 Gallon Tanks
- Cooling System - 21 Quarts
- Engine Oil - 5 quarts (6 quarts w/ filter)
- Transmission - 4 quarts
- Final Drive (Differential) - 4 pints
- Power Steering System - 1.5 Quarts (Pump: 1 pint)
- LP Gas Tank - 44.5 pounds (Optional: 65.0 pounds)
- Living Area Water Tank & Holding Tank - 40 gallons
- Hot Water Tank - 6 gallons
- Displacement - 455 cubic inches
- Carburetor - 4 barrel
- Compression Ratio - 8.5:1
- Bore - 4.125 in.
- Stroke - 4.250 in.
- Fuel Requirements - 91 Octane or Higher